Overview of Services
We all can use a little inspiration, encouragement and ferocity to get through the emotional, financial and complicated experience of divorce. If you are looking for confidential divorce support or guidance for how to stay married while resolving financial conflicts, take advantage of my 25 years of experience and knowledge.
How I can help
- Be deliberate in your next step
- Realize that expertise is here
- Benefit from critical information and smart strategies
- Put in motion a roadmap to thrive with confidence
“Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door.”
— Coco Chanel
As a pioneer and nationally recognized expert in the field of divorce financial planning, I launched my business over 25 years ago to correct perceived injustices in the legal system that failed families in the long term. I have worked with thousands of divorces as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® and will bring energy, passion and a creative mindset to telling your story.
At its core, divorce is about people and money. Divorce is very personal and many factors influence how you experience the process. Your divorce is intensely subjective: it’s about you, your past, your present and your future. You need to be prepared and informed because you will be making critical decisions with long-lasting consequences when you are feeling most vulnerable. One person can make the difference.
What You Don’t Know Will Hurt You:
- Learn about mediation, collaborative divorce and litigation
- Learn how to prepare and what the first steps are in divorce
- Make your financial priorities, concerns and goals the essential core of your divorce
Who I Advise:
What I Do:
- Divorce Financial Planning
- Divorce Mediation
- Marital Mediation
- Collaborative Divorce
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements (Memorandum of Understanding)
- Financial Forensics
- Post-Judgment Implementation and Execution
- Post-Judgment Modifications
Thanks again for who you are and for being such a great support and coach. When this is all over, count on me to write accolades, tomes, volumes, prose, pages, notes, poems, chapters, verses, and song in your testimonial book.
Donna D., CT
Personally, I think you have done more than any other single person in the United States of America to advance the mission of including financial professionals in the divorce process, and I have the greatest respect for you and your efforts. It is my extreme pleasure to think of you as “friend.”
Divorce Financial Services:
- For clients: advocate or financial neutral
- For attorneys: financial neutral; neutral expert; client advocate
- For mediators: financial neutral
- Financial forensic expert
My divorce financial planning services are geared to the complexity, size and nature of your case. I help you identify your goals, priorities and needs from the very outset. I ensure you make well informed decisions with peace of mind to achieve a comprehensive divorce settlement for your long-term benefit. I am a trained mediator, an advanced financial specialist in collaborative divorce, and a litigation expert qualified by the New York and Connecticut courts.
Post Divorce Financial Services:
- Provide post divorce checklists to clients
- Help execute terms of agreement
- Track accuracy & timeliness of asset transfers & other tasks
- Mediate ambiguity about financial calculations or unclear tasks
Marital Agreements and Mediation:
- Financial neutral or advocate
- Financial discovery & financial statements
- Financial memorandum of understanding
- Prenuptial agreements (MOU)
- Postnuptial agreements (MOU)
- Amendments (MOU)
- Marital mediation for financial conflicts
I offer financial consulting if you and your spouse are in conflict over finances and require an objective intervention to promote gentle compromise, reconcile different perspectives and possibly resolve discord. I have helped couples articulate financial values and memorialize them in pre- and postnuptial agreements. Whether in a first marriage, remarriage, or in a blended family, with my help you are better able to determine your future.